Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a BOP 350 trans behind a 1969 Chevy 350 v8 using speedway adapter..My question is can I get away with using the chevy flexplate. I ask this cause I notice the BOP has 2 big indentations on either side of the bell..I dont want to run into any hitting on the inside once I install and run engine.
Does anyone have experience with this process? Thanx

·
Administrator
10,122 Posts
As the folks mention... flexplate follows the engine. Watch spacing on the converter to flexplate and converter pilot hub to engine crankshaft end.

I used a bell housing adapter for SBC to a BOP pattern T-425 transaxle in a 1970 Chevelle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

And so I have bolted it all together,the pictures ,not the clearest I agree,show the clearance issue I suspected.
I have run the engine and at around 1100-1300 rpm I get a intermittent, not constant,but as I accelerate up and down in the afore mentioned RPM range there is a squealing/squeaking. Spinning the assembly manually will not create the sound. In the pictures I see what I suspect the flex in the flex plate may be hitting..
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Vehicle Wood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Bumper Automotive wheel system

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts