Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a lot of trouble with my Walker floor jack. Was only going up 1/2 in each stroke. It's 30 years old, so I can't really ask much more of it.

Broke down and went and bought a new one at Princess Auto. That is our Canadian version of Harbor Freight, I guess. This sucker lifts up to almost 30 inches. Was $199. Does that sound like a decent deal.

Going to take the pumping cylinder apart on the Walker, probably just an "O" ring or something.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I went out last night and took the pumping cylinder apart. There is a wadding ring that is tightened with a nut and washer. Just needed tightening, Put new hyd fluid in it too. Should be good for another 30 years. Now, if I only had a grandson to pass it on to..................................

That cloud is how "Cold" it was in my shop......................

·
Registered
495 Posts
Forget the paint heat the shop:mwink: I need to get a bigger jack as well and that price seams pretty good from what I have seen. I agree with the others that you should fix the old jack though.

OK put the old jack up on the new, strip it down and do a frame up resto:thumbup:

·
The Big Money
383 Posts
Nice jack, its better to have 2 jacks than 1. Never heard of Princess Auto I used to buy most of my tools from Canadian Tire down in Toronto

P.S. I think Sealtest and Becker's might want thier crates back

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin45 said:
Poncho....Nice jack but FIX THE FLAKING PAINT UNDER THE TAILIGHT. Lol!!!!!!:D
That's rust................looking to buy fibreglass fenders for it.

Canadian Charlie said:
Nice jack, its better to have 2 jacks than 1. Never heard of Princess Auto I used to buy most of my tools from Canadian Tire down in Toronto

P.S. I think Sealtest and Becker's might want thier crates back

Princess Auto has been around for a few years, have stores across the country.

Crates...."Possession is 9/10 th of the Law".................

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Ponch, I mean Grand-ponch, let me know if you need my address for your will. Tell Kevin, the "flake" is behind HIS keyboard!!! Family has to stick together , ya know!!! ROFLMAO!!

(This post should be good for winding things up. Its the end of the year, so why not?):thumbup:

Kevin !! Leave my new grandPonch alone !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.