Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't classify my car as a hotrod, but a project noneless. I have had to cut out the entire floor pan of my car. I can't find replacement floorpans and so the only option left is to make one myself.

Can anyone give me any tips or pointers?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,623 Posts
Your going to need a big bender/shear and some other sheetmetal tools to do a good job. Do you have access to these tools?

·
Registered
547 Posts
What brand of car is it? And what body style? You maybe able to find something close or an exact fit that way. An example is nobody makes floor pans for a 55 Pontiac wagon but they do for a 55 Chev, the result, an exact fit. The same goes for Chevelles and Buick Skylarks or a full size Olds and an Impala or a Mercury Comet and a Ford Falcon. :cool:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I made the pans for my Henry as none are repopped for it and it was an okay job- not too difficult- just use quality materials (like 18ga. steel) and stiffen with beads or folded seams for strength, then weld them in.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Take a look at the discussion under EXTERIOR BODY and look for my inquiry for making a new tunnel. It may be of some help. Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts