Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got around to re-installing my motor. Finally was able to mate the trans with the motor...after I pulled the heads and intake because of mud daubers. I thought I remember someone saying that the convertor was supposed to spin freely. Is that right? Because it's not spinning...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just got around to re-installing my motor. Finally was able to mate the trans with the motor...after I pulled the heads and intake because of mud daubers. I thought I remember someone saying that the convertor was supposed to spin freely. Is that right? Because it's not spinning...
Did you check to see if the converter was fully into the front pump before re installing the engine. It has to be rotated and feel in set into the pump after a few rotations with pressure on converter while turning.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check to see if the converter was fully into the front pump before re installing the engine. It has to be rotated and feel in set into the pump after a few rotations with pressure on converter while turning.
I did before I installed, but had a hard time with install. I guess I can pull apart and check

·
Registered
253 Posts
I did before I installed, but had a hard time with install. I guess I can pull apart and check
Yes you must. They can be stubborn going in sometimes.i'd suggest taking it apart removong the converter checking the converter neck remove seal inspect the pump bushing and pump gear. Damage can be done if the converter was too far forward when the engine is mated together. Good Luck Ernie.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if everything is assembled correctly you will NOT be able to turn/spin the convertor. it should spin when the engine is cranked/started.
The TC and flywheel aren’t bolted together yet. Does that matter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts