Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done many posts on this same topic to just make sure this will work before i go ahead and buy the trans.

i got an 89 s10 w/ 4.3L and its mounted to an older turbo 350 with shift kit that was out of a camaro, i think 1981 or so, so i have the proper balanced flywheel etc..

I managed to find a t-5 tranny out of an 86 iroc. It comes with trans, bellhousing, new (v8 style) turned flywheel, parts tranny, tranny yolks and brand new clutch. I want to swap this into my s10 with the 4.3 and i know i need a new 4.3L 5 spd flywheel for proper balancing to the motor.

I was wondering if the 5 spd flywheel and the 4,3L 5 spd flywheel are the same (other than the balancing part). Will everything that the t-5 came with work with the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel? I heard there may be different bolt patterns on the 4.3L 5spd flywheel but some people were unsure if they had more than one bolt pattern. Will the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel work as a replacement for the v8 style flywheel and i will be able to bolt that trans and clutch directly to the 4.3 and haveeverything work properly? Also, the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel should bolt right up to my 4.3L right? its a 1989 vortec 4.3.

I need as much info on this as possible. i want to do this swap soon. Really need to know if the 4.3L 5 spd flywheel is gonna work with the t5 and everything the T-5 came with.

Thanks alot :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
a 4.3 is a 305 chevy with the center two cylinders removed

they are both internally balanced so flywheel are interchangable

patterns on bellhousing are the same

so yes it will work

only differance might be overall length on trans and output splines

have fun

1 - 2 of 2 Posts