Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its wonderful stuff in all shapes sizes densities and colors isn't it? well I found some stuff that I kick myself for not realizing its use earlier. Its called rubber foam, I first found it in a hobby shop, its really good stuff, its soft like foam, its water resistant and it holds its shape, its good for viabration, I like it its all around good stuff, i'm going to be using it for my entire interior, feels like suede, half tempted to not cover it. I've done interiors before many times with professional foam, I like it too, but this stuff is waaaaay cheeper. I bought a roll 4'x16' for $32. If you know what I'm talking about, let me know where you can get more. The hobbyshop I got this from closed.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hear that Chuck, we are not forsaken to use a substitute foam, we have been saaaaaaved by the graciousness of someone in wich his provent is Vintage! First one to find it is...well...the first one to find it. Thanks Vintage

(I'm in the comedic mood, you'll understand if you meet me, its rare, but it happens)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a few sites that had it, found one that was selling it by trukloads .30 per roll, but you had to buy 10,000-12,000 rolls :eek: I scurried on about to another site, I got a sample board getting sent to me with all the foams they got, Oh joy! more foam to play with.Those same guys also sell hard rubber sheets I'm thinking door panels!!! closed density foam from 2.5 lbs per square foot to 55lbs per quare foot, center consols and doorpanels and dashboards OH MY! Havn't found anywhere that sells it retail, like a small interior shop or anything, just the big time guys that sell 150' rolls but I'm stepping lively, I'll let you know if I find anything.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all you foam heads out there, I foud a great place to find that much saut after foam, Monmouth rubber and plastics www.rubberplastics.com they have everything you need for interiors, foam in all kind of densities and laminated with fabric or coverd in adhesive for easy aplication, a whoooooole multitude of stuff to buy and use and just lay with.

A bit like catknip this stuff is, I get around it and just go sane (yes sane), just want to play with it all day.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooooo dinger, I'm envious stock up man stock up! The foam we are talking about is rubber foam its usually only seen in hobby shops for gas engine viabration on model planes and such, it a bit like the nurf footballs and balls perod just a more dense version. that place I found is great it has it from butter soft to cramp your fingers firm, great for creating and intire interior, and it can even be fabric coverd before you even get it. I'm not sure what your talking about but would like to hear a bit more.

I wouldn't mind a big juicy peach the size of my head either but I'll settle for the foam ;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could be, not sure, the 68 fastback interior I buillt didn't have rubber foam in the kit, but it could have changed since then. Never tried the steam thing but I don't think so. The foam your talking about I don't think is EDPM,I think your talking about a vinyl nitrile blend or just regular closed cell ejection molded foam, could be wrong but doubt it. Let me why and I can probably find out for you. Feel free to send me a message or e-mail

Faust

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be fine, make sure if your going to use it outdoors it is for outdoor use so you don't make the mistake of waking up in the morning after a good rain and finding your car pregnant with 50lbs of water. you can use closed cell foam for about any use, you just have to shape it right if your going to get creative.

Faust

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
68 stang, thats what we were looking for, but we were looking for a bargain basement type 25' roll for $30 type thing. I'm cheap, I can't afford that, hehe. Thanks for the thought though :D

HK

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Mar, I've checked there way back when this thread started and they are the same as all other places, either they didn't have it or to exspensive.

you can buy this stuff in bulk for real cheap ($.70per yrd) in any density, but you have to buy a truckload. What we are looking for is a cheap roll (50yrd or less), but no one sells it in rolls without costing and arm and a leg.

HK

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.