Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get foam sheets pre-cut to the size of wrenches and ratchets. Or just the foam not pre-cut. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Don't understand your question. Do you mean custom foam liners for your tool box drawers? Never heard of those and don't see how it is possible since everyone's tool selection will be different, how could they make a universal tool pattern to sell to the general market? Uncut foam, you want medium density for a project like that, is available at auto upholstery suppliers and similar web sites.

·
Move It On Over!
227 Posts
Home Depot. The problem is the foam is usually too soft. But what you can do is spray paint a light coat on top, then mark the outline of the tool and then cut it out. Some foam will melt from the paint, so you want to test it on a small piece first or maybe use an acrylic paint.

·
The Big Money
383 Posts
Are you talking about drawer liners? You can pick them up at any hardware store

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to Sears, I just bought 2 foam pads. It comes with paper and a really sharp knife. Each foam pad is 16 1/4 x 22 1/4 and 1/2 in. thick. It comes with 2 foam pads.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought a partial roll of 1/2" dense foam with a cloth backing from an upholstery shop. I bought white, but it doesn't stay white too long. I use it in the draws that hold my wrenches.
Cut the foam to the size of you tool box drawers. Set your tools in the locations you want them and outline them with a thin marker. Cut through the foam but not the cloth and remove the foam where the tool goes.
It's great for for keeping track of your tools and making sure that they get put back where they belong.
Just my $0.02
mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts