Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

My previous post on this was removed so I’ll try to express my thoughts and appreciation a little less offensively. It’s not strictly a question on quality that prompted me to make my original post. I’m sure many overseas manufacturers can produce quality tools. I would just prefer to not support countries that are the USA’s geopolitical adversary and are not a democracy.
Thanks to all who provided their input and suggestions. I will look to build him a set step by step from the sources many of you listed.
Mike

·
Registered
442 Posts
I thought the thread got closed. At any rate, I recommended you try buying Kobalt as a basic starter set for your son. The have a nice 250 piece set on sale for Fathers day for $150. They also have the basic lithium ion brushless drill/battery/charger on sale for $89. Try it. If you don't like it, they take em back with no questions asked. But, I bet you will like it.

As for the American Made thing. I try to avoid buying foreign made tools, but its virtually impossible. Maybe manufacturers are beginning to see that profits aren't the only consideration.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yeah it was closed. Did some searching and it looks like many of the Kobalt tools are made in the USA. see the below pic. Is that what you understand too? Never heard of this website and not sure it can be trusted.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Where I used to work, we had codes to buy Gear Wrench tools at a discount, I like them, very comfortable but made in Taiwan. I'd think about anything other than Craftsman or Harbor Fright. SK tools are great and still made in the US. Those would get my nod over Gear Wrench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.