Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Footstomper
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad bought me a 46 ford coupe which had been impounded at the Lawrence county sheriffs' department. The reason? It was a bonified rum runner/blocker car, had three bullet holes patched up under a quick paint job. This started my love of hot rods, that 239 cid was in great condition and would fly! I was 16 when I got it roadworthy. It had a rear leaf spring with the ends bent down about two inches, looked like they were heated. It is somewhere in Walker county alabama, and the owner has no idea about it's history, maybe I will see him sometime with it at a car show and tell him about it.
Currently, I am working on a 65' Chrysler Newport convertible, almost ready to put a balanced/blueprinted 383 back in it. I am still driving my 40 ford regularly working out the bugs. I have another 40 coupe that is not restored, but it runs. The one I drive to work and fun is as stock as you could imagine in an AACA meet. Three speed on the column with overdrive, (Saginaw overdrive), 67' bronco 9" with 5.5 bolt pattern, F-150 truck front discs with 5.5 on the 40 spindles. Oh, and the motor, its a 305 with about 330 hp. It has all the old 58' 283 accoudiments to look like a 58 engine. It has vintage air, secret audio, w/lectric wipers. I will just have to take some pictures. It is cloudmist grey, it's original color.
I am a tech writer by trade. Seen alot in life, watched most of the Saturn V's take off at Cape Kennedy. Ride in trial events, (motorcycle off road stuff), fish, hike, and aggravate my wife.

·
Footstomper
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked out your photos

Henry Hirise,
Man, that's a really neat little model a coupe! Very tastefully done. Thanks for responding to my introduction. I hope to get some photos of my project soon. Too busy right now.
Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts