Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway I could get my stock I6 to sound Like this?. I know it requiers work,But What would have to be done,etc.....
Thanks in advance. Im sick of the stock sound......
The file may not be there cuz they change them periodicly.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
stick a cam with some duration in it,probably have your head rebuilt,and put a good exaust on it.you never said what it was.
the example they gave sounded like straight pipes.

p.s.
the best sounding mufflers i've ever heard were on a V-8 and they were super trapps.

·
Registered
210 Posts
No...no matter what you do it will sound like an inline six. If your after that sound, don't spend a dime on your inline six engine and instead save up and drop a v-8 in your truck or trade yours for a v-8 truck (5.8 351w)...you will be much happier you did.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
357ford said:
No...no matter what you do it will sound like an inline six.
If you've ever been to a car show with a rap- off contest you'll know what 357 is talking about. There is just no comparison between the 4 bangers, inlines, and V8's. Each has a distinctive sound and you can't make one sound like the other. Not to say that one is better than the other, but only V8's sound like V8's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a I6 that I put on hedmann headers and a 2 barrel with some cheapie turbo mufflers and it sounds swesome at idle almost like a v8 but once you get up to around 2400 rpm it sounds more like a ricer from fast and furious. kinda funny kind of embarrasing since its a 66 beat up farm truck. it doesnt look or go fast and furious. LOL gotta get a v8 for the sound. 351w would be your cheapest best bet. like the others said. good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
exhaust sound on a 6

WAY bck I had a '53 Chevy that I split the manifold on and ran two straights back to the bumper and I loved the sound. When I'd get a ticket I'd run two or three steel wool pads up each pipe with a fish hook and a wire on the first one so I could pull them back out and go get the police department mechanic to sign my ticket that the car had been repaired.
Worked every time till the judge started recognizing me and then I had to really put mufflers on the car.
Charlie Smith

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It already has dual exhaust running into a "converter" that makes it one pipe. But that stock sound s just so......ech. I want to keep the I6 in it cuz for the time being,I like it more than a V8.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts