Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my love for hotrodding into the glasses field. I do wear glasses and have decided to start to make my own pair.
Here are my plans:

Start out with some old glases with a sturdy frame. Put in some shading lenses. I will paint them black with flames and try to incorporate a 32 Ford theme into it. My mayor improvement will be GLASS WIPERS. That's right, dont you hate it when it rains and your glasses are all wet? I'll try to find a small electric engine and some small wipers. It'll look nerdy but comfort comes first. The batteries will be atached somehwere, maybe IN the frame. Another improvement will be DEFOGGERS. I hate it when you come from the cold outside into the warm inside and your glasses fog up. Looks like I'm gonna have to design or find a tiny defogger to attach at the bottom of the lenses.
I'll be the first guy to offer Hot Rod glasses with glass wipers and defoggers.
So if in 10 years you'll hear about the new and revolutionary Hot Rod glasses designed by Mike Duerksen, you can say, Hey I know that dude, it's Nightfire.
Wish me luck as I embark into this long and extensive research project and fabrication of revolutionary glasses.

Mike
Inventor of the Hot Rod Glasses
Pre-oder now for only $69.99 and we'll include an instructional video and a spare set of batteries and a spare set of wipers.

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
You should post that on Club Chopper. I'm sure there are plenty of motorcycle riders that would go for that.

I had been thinking of inventing some things myself. One of them is Tinting UV eye drops. Put a couple drops in your eyes and no more squinting on sunny days.:cool:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another improvement will be DEFOGGERS. I hate it when you come from the cold outside into the warm inside and your glasses fog up. Looks like I'm gonna have to design or find a tiny defogger to attach at the bottom of the lenses.
Nightfire...you need to build the defogger INTO the frame, let me suggest a HEATED frame. Then when we are out in the cold the frame never gets cold enough to fog up when you come in.

I can TOTALLY relate to what you are saying...been wearing glasses since I was 8, thank goodness for high index materials and super light polycarb because otherwise I'd have grooves in my nose all the way to china. My dream in life is to see the ceiling when I wake up in the morning, or the bedside clock (without having to pick it up and hold it to my nose). Wore contacts for about 15 years, then got to the point where they were more of a pain than a help and gave them up.

You are a very inventive guy Mike, keep it up and one day you may make yourself a very wealthy man!

Chickie.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who-hoa:eek: looks like the wiper idea is stolen.

Still got the defoggers running strong, lol, thanks for the tips chickie. I was thinking about contacts but I dont think they're worth it. Ya gotta be really carefull when you insert them and not to loose them and so on...I'd probably lose them rightaways.

Hey packratwrecker, where can you buy those batteries??
Also I need to find a REALLY small and lightweight heater.....and a little electric motor for the wipers. Guess it'll have to be reciprocating motion of something of that manner.

Mike

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Mike, Your guess is as good as mine on where to get that battery. No one here carries it, or show it in a book. I guessing Brinkman, or Maglite would have it. My light only says Eddie Bauer, on it.

As for the defoggers, why not try rear window defogger wire, around the outside of the lens.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think we could actually design a frame with the defogger wire inside of it that negates the nerd factor :D. I'm sure there's materials out there that can withstand the heat. Then all we need is a small battery pack and switch and we're set!:cool:

Chickie.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave E Shank said:
HEY NIGHT FIRE:

I will take a pair:welcome: Enclosed please find a $ 1000.00 bill:cool: :cool: THANKS....DAVE
WooHoo.....looks like we got ourselves some starting money and our first customer. You wont be dissapointed, just gimme a little bit of time to work out the little bugs:mwink:

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.