Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meeting some people who boost their cars. Most use Eaton m35 on new econo cars. Very simple, creative, blow through superchargers. Showing off what 4-8 psi will do to a 140-150 hp FWD is impressive. I am using a Eforce eaton type in my truck and know they work. Kept getting ideas for my integra. I liked how the power started pouring in right away. A turbo had the same diffculty spinning the tires as before the FI. IF your goal was only 4-8 psi, this is the system. Some of these guys have a few hundred dollars in their build. There is much that can be done with it.

The turbo guys didnt impress me . Something always was wrong with the tune . The power was not as impressive as those little eatons. UNTIL. You find the one guy that spent a ton , knows his turbo stuff, and has phenominal WOT acceleration. Otherwise , the turbos didnt start strong till 4000rpm.

Recently, today,

A fellow nut, has had some misfortune and was selling a Eaton JacksonRacing SC kit for a integra. It was a quick sale. No one around to stop me. Damn these superchargers.

It is locked in . A project that isnt timing belts , brakes, struts, etc. However no free weekends for a while gives me the sads.

Anybody else give in , and go forced induction? It is so good. Too good.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the late 80's I built 440 mopars in full body cars. Never made that type of acceleration with a 440 and a cam swap.

These people have nice systems to show, should have snapped a pic. Some have andriod phones , that wirelessly contect to the obdii port. They get performance data from their cell. 0-60 times, and timing / fuel maps. Supposedly its $15 of ebay.

My newest vehicle is only a 95' so I cannot take advantage of that.

One example, A 00 saturn sl2 4 door twin cam 1,9L engine. With a $250 Eaton mercedes 230 m35 supercharger, cheap 30lb injectors, $50 ebay 255lph pump with no pump cutoff, was a package put together by them. A simple 90 elbow welded to flange going to intake, then mounting bracket made of folded sheet metal, completed it. It was quick. All controlled through a cell phone.

The Eaton on my c10 is real smooth. The carb acts like fuel injection durring cruising . Plenty of power. Doesnt mess with the engine oil system. Simple installation. Eatons are easy to rebuild, but last 1-200k between service. The press on pulley is bear to get off. The aluminum ones usually deform coming off. A steel hub and pulley system is useable to alter boost.

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,865 Posts
I built and Ran 471s and 671s carried spare pulleys in my trunk to change boost:mwink: also ran a 2 inch belt and always carried a SPARE:pain: LOL The 3 inch was too loud! Used to get my parts from "Larry The Supercharger Guy" in Tipton Michigan But lost track of him He may have passed away:( If any one Knows what happened to Larry chime in :thumbup:

Jester

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.