Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here guys. I asked 3 different people and got 3 different answers. I will post my cars specs below and see what ya'll think

-1969 Ford 390 block, Improved Performance.
-Holley 750 Vacuum Secondary carb
-Ported Edelbrock Streetmaster Intake
-Ported and Polished C8AE-H heads, Hardened valve seats, new valves, new springs
-Comp 270H Cam w/ matching lifters
-Dual Roller timing chain
-GM HEI Distributer w/ ACCEL 8mm wires and new plugs
-Full Length Custom Headers

C6 transmission has custom valve body, shift kit, E4OD Gears and with extra clutches.

3.10:1 Rear End Ratio

People are telling me I need a Stock Stall, 2000 stall (which I find is about stock), and one guy said 3000 stall.

This is not going to be a racer, just a Sunday driver. Any suggestions on which torque converter to use? All my gear (cam, intake, carb, etc) is pointing to stock converter size.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
2400-2600 stall just enough to prevent creeping at a stop and work with the rest of your combo,a transmission cooler addition is also a good investment.
This sounds about right to me as well.

FWIW - a DD/weekend driver doesn't need a high stall converter with even a TCI Saturday Night Special type being just fine though the TCI Breakaway closer. Jegs has a decent chart of what to expect with cam and rear gears shown: TCI Saturday Night Special Torque Converters - JEGS

TCI is now part of Comp Cams (which seems to have doubled the prices), so possibly a call to their tech dept might be a good idea too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.