Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im rebuilding a c2af-aj ford 4100 4bbl carb & one of the primary jets(holley jets) have the top tang broken off so you cant remove with a screwdriver.I was thinking a left hand drill bit but where do i get a .056 left hand drill bit? Any ideas? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
368 Posts
easy out

you won't find a easy out that small. the jet is ruined, so warm the carb body till its hot to the touch,in that area, position the carb that when you put some candle wax on the jet area it gets into the threads. let it cool ,then take a common screw driver,and whack on the jet using the screw driver, and a small hammer. should work its way out.

·
Registered
368 Posts
easyout

And if you put 15'' of torque it will break. i was trying to be reasonable about using a easy out that would fit in a .060 hole. i realize they make easy outs probably down to the size of a hair. but not useful for this application. the idea of the heat is to wick in the candle wax and then remove the jet.If you used a drill to be able to get that easy out in there would be other problems, such as brass getting into the passages.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.