Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got a hold of a ford 573 big block and im trying ta find something ta put it in so if yall got ne ideas id like ta hear them and how really ta do it

its outta old ford tow truck that my school used ta have

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
dumbperson18 said:
i got a hold of a ford 573 big block and im trying ta find something ta put it in so if yall got ne ideas id like ta hear them and how really ta do it
:welcome: hey new guy :welcome:

What block series is it?

It WILL fit in ANY vehicle you like. That is what hot rodders do..... make things fit.

·
Troll Hunter
2,694 Posts
Yeah, I'm not familiar with a "573" BB anything unless it's a custom built 385 series and you'd need some special parts for that. By special I mean $$$$pecial. If it is one of those LARGE truck engines (the 477 is the only one that pops into my head but there was a 5 something as well,maybe 514)....they make great truck engines, but probably not worth the efforts required to mount it in a car...unless you use a 2.00 rear gear. Who knows, could be a hoot.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
derm said:
Sounds like it would go very well in my rock crawler, Bubba Hyde!!! :mwink:
Now there's something I want to try.... only seen it on TV. :thumbup:

Got any good websites for me? Where's the big meet in Arkansas?

·
Registered
155 Posts
xntrik said:
Now there's something I want to try.... only seen it on TV. :thumbup:

Got any good websites for me? Where's the big meet in Arkansas?
Best site is www.pirate4x4.com, it's a BBS just like this. I'm 'loveshackle' there.

Other than that, watch my project journal :D .

Arkie has some good stuff, although I've never run any of it, being a CO guy. Lots of wheeling around Hot Springs, the way I hear it...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I beleive it would be a 534, same family as a 477 my dad had one in a mobile home hauling truck(toter) that thing would pull a 14x70 off a spot in high gear at idle,monster tourque but they won't rev high.about 7 to 1 compression .huge physically but will be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts