Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ford 9" big bearing rearend and want to install disc brakes. I am told the Versailles will bolt right on. Will the Explorer bolt right on also ? Do I have to zero in a specific years ? Does the disc brake conversion interfere with the rims designed for drum brakes or is that not an issue ? Please excuse me if I am duplicating my posts but I want to get it correct the first time.

:welcome:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fredbaker said:
I have a Ford 9" big bearing rearend and want to install disc brakes. I am told the Versailles will bolt right on. Will the Explorer bolt right on also ? Do I have to zero in a specific years ? Does the disc brake conversion interfere with the rims designed for drum brakes or is that not an issue ? Please excuse me if I am duplicating my posts but I want to get it correct the first time.

:welcome:
1 more question, Are the disc brakes the same part #'s between the Versailles & Explorer ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know much about the versailles brakes, but I'm pretty sure they're not the same as explorers. As far as I know, the versailles setups are getting pretty rare and parts for them are pretty expensive. I don't know what their e-brake setup is either. I do know the explorer e-brake is an integral drum (inside the rotor).

After some quick searching (which you should do yourself, there's a TON of info out there on disc swaps) it sounds like the Lincoln calipers and rotors are pretty expensive to purchase.

There's a spacer you may need for the explorer setup, ask moser when you get your axles done if you need it. Also, make sure you're getting late big ford ends.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the explorer setup is pretty great when it comes to disc brake conversions. It bolts right on, the parts are cheap and readily available (very important, again, as the versailles parts are probably special order at most places), and it's a reliable system.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about the explorer setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.