Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a C4 at the moment ready to be rebuilt and then i can install it. I have a flexplate, tourqe converter,and the transmission but ive been thinking it might be worth my time to rethink this and go with the ford AOD instead. Question is what do u guys think would be best and how much would it cost? Can i use my torque converter and flexplate from the c4 or do i need to buy new?

·
Revolution Calling
916 Posts
49fordp/u said:
Ive got a C4 at the moment ready to be rebuilt and then i can install it. I have a flexplate, tourqe converter,and the transmission but ive been thinking it might be worth my time to rethink this and go with the ford AOD instead. Question is what do u guys think would be best and how much would it cost? Can i use my torque converter and flexplate from the c4 or do i need to buy new?
If you are a rich man, go for a 4R70W and a stand alone controller for it: http://www.becontrols.com/products/products.htm

AOD's will work but you'll hate the way they perform, IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.