Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to build a big block ford 390 it apears to have the original alderbrok intake on it can find a web site to braek down the casting numbers block (d3te)intake(s-p-2-p-390) haeds(d2teaa) can some 1 help me please

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
welcome...best to ask your question in the engine forum.........I dont think Edelbrock manifolds came from the factory on those.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
d=70's
3=1973
t=truck divisio
e=engine part

d2teaa= 1972 truck div engine part, engineering revision level aa

it's a 73 truck motor with 72 truck heads

sp2p390=no idea

welcome.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is an old thread but I thought the sp designation indicated the 401 hp mech lifter 390 that originaly came with a tri power,,,, also a side oiler,, but that was info I had long ago about an engine I had ,,, I never saw sp marked on that block,,, but it was a bad ****,, even most ford enthuiast would argue that a 390 side oiler was never made,

·
Paisano
59 Posts
I'm building an Fe myself.Its based off a 360 block.Same as a 390 bore size but stronger with better webbing and streel.You can find virtually all information you need on casting #'s of every components in and FE motor in 2 books.One is called High Performance Ford Engine Parts Interchange by George Reid.This book is great.The other is How to build Big Block Ford Engines by Steve Christ.Both are available on Amazon ,and just have about all the info you will need I have all my parts and ready to assemble.Check out -
theflyingwop.com thats my site where I'm trying to document the buildup and have some fun also while I'm out it.
If you need any further help let me know.Good luck.
Paisano-aka The Flyin Wop

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
shomeyrwit said:
this is an old thread but I thought the sp designation indicated the 401 hp mech lifter 390 that originaly came with a tri power,,,, also a side oiler,, but that was info I had long ago about an engine I had ,,, I never saw sp marked on that block,,, but it was a bad ****,, even most ford enthuiast would argue that a 390 side oiler was never made,
The first side oiler was a 427 MR (1965).

·
More for Less Racer
19,496 Posts
S-P-2-P-390 was just a common Edelbrock aftermarket intake from the early 70's, It has small runners and was marketed as a towing or gas mileage intake, it was offered about the same time as the mid- 1970's gas crunch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts