Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Steel Dreams
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 84 Ranger with a 5.0, it has a low pressure pump it the tank and a high pressure pump on the frame rail ,I am having fuel pressure problems (low pressure) I replaced the pump in the tank and still low press, I checked the high pressure pump and it was not working ,I messed around with it and got it to work and got the truck to run. Now it has lost pressure agin, both pumps are running and the truck wont run (20 psi fuel pressure). My question is this: 1ST Gen EFI Mustangs used two pumps,one low , one high pressure, later Gen Mustangs used one high pressure pump in the tank. Can a aftermarket inline pump with the pump that I have supply the pressure to run this engine?
Also what is the pressure that these systems need to operate at?
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:welcome:

WELCOME to Hotrodders.com :welcome:

I believe you would get more responses and better informed answers if this question was in the engine section ... so as a Moderator here ... I am going to move it there :D

Deuce ... Moderator

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
The pump in the tank is a transfer pump. Its' job is to supply the pressure pump on the rail with fuel to alleviate it from sucking and pumping.

I would see about possibly eliminating the transfer pump and putting a pressure pump in the tank.

43PSI with the regulator is normal pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts