Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 F150 with a 5.0. v8 and have no spark. Changed distributor,coil,ignition module,and relay not getting any spark from coil need help not good with electrical.

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
BigJoeGrit said:
I have a 89 F150 with a 5.0. v8 and have no spark. Changed distributor,coil,ignition module,and relay not getting any spark from coil need help not good with electrical.
Common problem.
There are 2 nearly identical relays side-by-side under the hood. One of them is for the fuel pump, the other is an EEC power relay.

NAPA Echlin # AR-240 Fuel Pump Relay

NAPA Echlin # AR-242 EEC Power Relay.

from NAPA Online w/ OEM # E1VB-12A646-AA, E3TF-12A646-A1A, E3UF-12A646-A1A Color Code: Gray Color Code: Yellow
Ahhh, crap ... I just tested that link and it doesn't go exactly where I wanted to show you. Select the vehicle, type "relay" in the keyword, and look for "Electronic Engine Control" in the results window.

I think that would be a good place to start. Maybe a buddy of yours has a similar truck, and you could test with a "known good one"?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Have you checked for 12 volts at the coil + yet? If it is dead, there is a fuse link, (Fuse link "D") that feeds power to the coil and the EEC relay, that may be open..

Doc :pimp:

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
herman spencer said:
i have no wires connected so please help me
Ummm ... not to be rude ... but what you are doing here is called thread-jacking. It would have been more appropriate for you to start a post of your own.

Luckily I noticed that you were not the original poster, and have a different vehicle described ... otherwise I would have posted a diagram for an 89 F150. I am also presuming that it was a firing order diagram that you are looking for and that your Lincoln has a 5.0L (302) engine ... which appears to be the only offering that year.

Anyway ...
HTH,
Don

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts