Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my water pump because the old one was squealing and knocking really bad. The new cheap one I got did the same thing, I only temporarily fixed it by squirting wd40 up the weep hole. I've been running it like that for a little while with minimal noise from it. As I was driving to school today, my 390 was overheating. I filled it up with water again after the radiator puked, but it didn't seem to be flowing. The hoses didn't feel pressurized and the heater was blowing cold air. I removed he upper and lower hoses of the radiator and I filled the bottom one with fluid from the top and turned on my engine to see if It would drink the fluid and send it through the top hose, The fluid level in the hose didn't budge. Would you guys bet that my water pump is bad? I recently replaced the thermostat with a good quality one so I doubt that's it. I haven't noticed any wiggling of the water pump shaft or fluid from the weep hole, though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the water pump and thermostat. The problem's solved, but the water pump squeaks still, though I think it might be the belt rubbing on the lower hose water neck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts