Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
This project has a long and complex history. It was about 10 years ago in Ukraine, and it had to be a completely different car. Some frame was built for the Soviet automobile project (gas 24 Volga) with an American soul. Dodge Durango was the engine / gearbox / brake donor, but the officer wanted too much money to register for this wedding. Then my future customer decided to buy some American car, so that the spent efforts would not be wasted

Then some people finished this project, but something went wrong ... they used too much putty ...
https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=453621&stc=1&d=1586640359

And then I got it
https://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=453623&stc=1&d=1586640319

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not know how this part is called in English / I will be glad to prompt me /. In general, I beat a piece of skin and supplemented the missing pieces

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of time was spent working on the lower part of the inner fender for the correct external geometry

Attachments

·
Grand Prix user
5,416 Posts
I do not know how this part is called in English / I will be glad to prompt me /. In general, I beat a piece of skin and supplemented the missing pieces
This is good stuff.:)

Congratulations on making your quarter panels (wings). Such an adventure!

The part you showed in this post would be called an upper quarter panel, or, more commonly, a sail panel. Because the general shape resembles a sail on a boat.

Continue, please.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the project after another masters and there was just flat bottom . I made new bottom

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I continue . I made a bumper of 2 mm steel at the same time as the corner

Attachments

·
More for Less Racer
19,470 Posts
Nice clean-up design of the rear bumper and rear valence area :thumbup:....a whole lot better than that ugly 5-mph impact bumper crap that was there.

I'm following this with interest.....so much of the 70's passenger cars could look so much better with mods like these....now if the hot rod crowd would just catch on.

I did a '74 Z28 Camaro about 15 years back with similar type of mods to the bumpers. Stock aluminum bumpers narrowed, filler panels tossed out, bumpers mounted in closer to the body within 3/8" of body, rubber "bump" strip removed from the bumper and holes welded shut and smoothed, and then bumpers painted body color.
Cleaned up the whole look of the car.

Popular Hot Rodding magazine then "copied" our idea about 2-3 years later on their "Project G-28" Pro-Touring 1976 Camaro build-up.

I guess we were both ahead of the trend.:mwink:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts