Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. maybe this has happen to others. I purchased the power rack fro RBs, when it was time to have it all aligned etc. I found out for some reason the rack goes farther to the right than the left. Thus the right brake caliper hits the lower strut arm. It has a RBs mustang II kit, it aligned and drives great, is the rack suppose to have a built in stop of some sort? Seems it should only turn so much in either direction. The shop said they could take it apart and see what is causing this, is this something I could look into? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
rack and pinion

I would definately check that out. You should have equal steering either direction. Sounds like the rack may have not been centered properly when the tie rods were installed.
Take a quick look under your car and see if theres a big difference in the amount of tie rod showing on one sice versus the other.
You could also measure the distance from the ball joint to where the tie rod ties into the rack and see if theres a big difference in measurement there.

Usually there will be some kind of limiters on your steering when going from bank to bank, and these will be on the lower arm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rack

Hi, thanks for the help, I'm going to have the shop take a look at it and hopefully that will take care of it, RT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts