Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im rebuilding a ford pickup and i wanted to know if it would be possible to put a ford ranger suspension in my classic ford frame? I know i could go and get one of the fancy ifs systems but i dont have that kind of money and rangers are easy to find around here and thought if i could get a cheap one that would save some money.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
ford pu

I have seen the ford aero star mini van suspensions, disc, rack steering etc. on one big crosmember. . you would need to fab upper A arm brackets you should be able to find info on the classic pickup web sites they fit under the fenders cost should be about the same as a ranger . I think the aero had bigger brakes.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The newer light duty 2wd rangers may work. It's a coil spring, upper/lower control arm suspension with a rack and pinion , not the twin I beam set up seen on the older models. The heavier 2wd suspension have upper/lower arms but a torsion bar set up and also has larger brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.