Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that took his engine in and had it rebuilt, they removed all the accessory's water pump, carb, exhaust manifolds ect.... I can handle the installation of all these items, but what I have found is I dont know which bolts are which. Let me tell you I have a box of bolts some to this engine and alot that are not. On a small block chevy, I can go thur it blind folded, but have never messed with a ford. does anyone Have all the bolt specs on a small block ford. rather then go buy a bolt kit. I'd rather go down and get them from local bolt company. So specs would be great guys thanks in advance for all help

·
Registered
96 Posts
generally on ford small blocks the water pump and timing cover bolts are 5/16 but the length is to be determined due to ford used many different timing cover and water pump combonations throughout out the years, the intake will be 5/16 or 3/8 and generally 11/4 or 11/2 long. manifold is 3/8 and length is determined by manifold your using, alternator and power steering brackets should be 3/8, and carb is 5/16.

what small block do yu have? jst curious.

·
Frmly sc*ot.
535 Posts
stinger460 said:
..................are 5/16 but the length is to be...... the intake will be 5/16 or 3/8 and generally 11/4 or 11/2 long. manifold is 3/8 and length is determined by manifold your using,.... should be 3/8, and carb is 5/16.

what small block do yu have? jst curious.
Are you refering to the actual diameter of shank of the the bolt, or to the size of the head, and the size of the socket that fits on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.