Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1966 Mustang that is a hodge podge of parts.
From what I can tell it has a 1974 C4 transmission. It has DO0P-7A040-4 stamped on the case and the metal tag says PEE AC4 D2ZPDAK 14. It has an early 80's V8. E0AE D3C 4 4F21 is on the block near the starter. It is an automatic. The starter grinds on starting. It seems like the starter bendix should be more towards the outside of the car. I have replaced the flex plate which was slightly bent with the same result. The flexplate I took off was 160 teeth so I replaced it with a new 160 tooth flexplate. The outside diameter of the old flexplate is about 13 1/4. I have read that the 157 tooth and 160 tooth flexplates are interchangeable. What is the
outside diameter of 157 tooth flexplate? I have tried 3 different starters
all with the same result. I have also replaced the spacer betweeen the bell housing and engine block. I have also tried several solenoids and replaced the ignition switch.
Nothing helped.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I don't know much about Fords but, there have been many threads about starters, flexplates and C4's lately. Do a search at the top of page for you problem and you will find plenty of Info. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.