Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys gotta admit that Ford has it down, all their new 2005-2006 models look stunning.

Here's the new GT (2004-2005)

the 2005 Mustang

2005 Cobra Concept

2005 Ford F150

Ya gotta hand it to Ford!

Chevy is doing an ok job in bringing back the chevelle but the front end totally ruins it. And dont even get me started on the new Charger. Pontiac isnt even worth mentioning:rolleyes:

Ford has really done a good job on the 2005 Mustang. Powerfull at a cheap price. Nice red/black/brushed aluminum interior, powerfull sound system and sweet bucket seats.
I'm shooting for that car, once I'm 25 it'll be considered "old" and I'll get me one for 5k:thumbup:

Mike

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
the cars look great..................but, I still say the Ford truck is UGLYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Of course, I think all the trucks are ugly these days. A truck is supposed to look like a truck. Something that you want to put to work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me be the opposition here! There is nothing good coming out of the blue oval boys garage. The GT-40 is boring, it looks like it was designed 30 years ago. The mustang is hideous. Please retire the name before you damage the reputation any further. What looks good about the mustang? Why do they keep trying to rebuild the 68 fastback? If you want the 68, then build it again. They are truly a design studio without any direction, soul, or driving force. The truck.......... ughhhh.

Ford is really lucky to have such loyal fans, because the new product line is absolutely uninspired.

·
The AMC, FORD, & CHEVY Guy??!!
299 Posts
I agree with the Mustang and the new F-150. That new F-150 is just hedious. That's why i went out and bought the last of the old body '04 F-150's. (See photo album for pics)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's see what comes to mind when we speak of Mopar:

Hemi....

PT Cruise...

Hemi

The magnum

Hemi.......

hm......Durango

Hemi......

Hemi....

4 door charger

Hemi......

Who cares about the HEMI? The new hemi is all plastic, it'll never be as good as the early HEMI, in fact, it doesnt even deserve the name HEMI.

Just my opinion, we all have 'em

Mike

·
Registered
117 Posts
yea, ford sucks. they have their loyal fan and I've met alot of them, they are all idiots who dont know anything about whats going on. quite literally a friend of mine said "what now??" with a stunned look on his face when his ford didnt start. its the funniest things I've ever seen. george bush must be a ford guy cuz he's so stupid and has so many false belifes. :nono: anyways. I love the new chevy truck commercials, they show chevy trucks doing what they do best, and thats being a good old chevy truck. i really like the one where their towing a heavy trailer over rough terrain, rear axle bouncing and the whole thing about to jack-knife. evertime those come on I raise my bear and say "YEA!!!!" rather than those ford and dodge commercials where all they do is sit and look pretty, maybe move a little bit :pimp:

·
Registered
1 Posts
NIghtfire what do you mean by Early hemi? FIrst generation 331 354 392?

Or 426?

The new hemi will do stuff that the first hemis would not and mere efficiently too boot. To compare the little hemi to the 426 is insane. THen again keep a 426 in tune and running on the street. Get more than 10 mpg with a 426. Sorry, you cant compare the engines pal. As for deserving the name hemi, if the engine fits the description, then so it is.

Then again, just my opinion~ (And I am usually wrong)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jackflash said:
yea, ford sucks. they have their loyal fan and I've met alot of them, they are all idiots who dont know anything about whats going on. quite literally a friend of mine said "what now??" with a stunned look on his face when his ford didnt start. its the funniest things I've ever seen. george bush must be a ford guy cuz he's so stupid and has so many false belifes. :nono: anyways. I love the new chevy truck commercials, they show chevy trucks doing what they do best, and thats being a good old chevy truck. i really like the one where their towing a heavy trailer over rough terrain, rear axle bouncing and the whole thing about to jack-knife. evertime those come on I raise my bear and say "YEA!!!!" rather than those ford and dodge commercials where all they do is sit and look pretty, maybe move a little bit :pimp:
Each to his own, but calling every Ford owner stupid idiots is kinda uncalled for. In your own words I'll rise a "bear" to Ford for their new vehicles....they look absolutly stunning and beat the Chevys..........so far.
The only think I dont like about GM is that the Camaro and the Firebirds look identical except for some few differences. I mean cant they be creative? Then there's the sunfire and the cavalier. Why do they stick the same body on both brands?

Mike

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
I'm a GM guy through and through, but will be the first to admit that they have dropped the ball bigtime the last decade.

Guess that they are making too much money, and just don't care about us hot rodders anymore...................."bring back the 60s", said the old guy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MoparReligion said:
NIghtfire what do you mean by Early hemi? FIrst generation 331 354 392?

Or 426?

The new hemi will do stuff that the first hemis would not and mere efficiently too boot. To compare the little hemi to the 426 is insane. THen again keep a 426 in tune and running on the street. Get more than 10 mpg with a 426. Sorry, you cant compare the engines pal. As for deserving the name hemi, if the engine fits the description, then so it is.

Then again, just my opinion~ (And I am usually wrong)
I mean all the ealier Hemis, 331, 345, 392 and even the 426. Mainly the 426 though. That thing just screams.
If I'm not mistaken Harleys even used hemispherical head once upon a time, and they didnt call it the "HEMI". HEMI is HEMI, big blown 426 or 331's, 345's and 392's........
Just my humble opinion.-...

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
jackflash said:
You've got to be kidding me. The only people who are idiots are those who get all bent out of shape about what emblem is hanging off the front of their grill.... especially when we're talking about american cars here! Great googly moogly.

I'll tell you what, I've never been a "Ford guy" either, but I've owned two of them and helped my friend build his fairlane. Anybody who's ever laid a wrench to anything other than their one third gen chevy knows that you can make power out of anything. I've built one of each (ford mopar and chevy)... as a matter of fact more than one of each. Call me up when you can say the same.:rolleyes:

I think its rediculous that anybody can look at those great american feats of engineering in the first post and say that anybody who likes ford is an idiot. Take a look at the GTO and tell me that they did a better job on that than ford did on the stang! Ford has put the money, time and effort into these new cars to deserve respect. In a time when we're losing groud to foreign car makes, anybody who is going to down talk ANY american car...

is an idiot.

K

·
Registered
195 Posts
I ignore all new vehicles unless they are rear wheel drive. I will not even listen to a salesman about how great they are. I can't help but see then all over the place. I can at least keep away from any chance of driving them.

The new Mustang no longer looks as fluid as its elder kin. The same with almost all new cars. The angles are just too off. Where's the style anymore?

These retro car styles all have one thing that the companies have missed. Except for the Thunderbird and Corvett they are all priced for markets there predicesors never shot for.
Mustangs were supposed to be cheap, aimed for the collage student. The same for most of the musle cars from that era. What was the car that didn't even come with window cranks? Thats a musle car. Automatic transmisions are for cruising not racing. I know automatics are used for racing all the time but dang it I like jamming though those gears. These cars should be priced along side there import counter parts.
American styling and power for the import price. Bucket seats with lumber support? My grand father needed lumbar support. More sterio than I have in my house? If I want music that much I'll put it in myself or just stay home. The car should be the entertainment. I would buy a new GTO to rip pavement, not cd's.

No truck should have more options than a car. Trucks are for work not hauling the kids around and getting the groceries.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Can't agree, looks way too rich for my blood. I need that beat up square "mean" look. Not some luxary car look that the mustang now has.

Like when oldsmobile went from the cutlass supreme in 88 to the cutlass supreme in 89 :eek: god what a disapointment,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.