Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford V6 vs Chevy V6

OK so I have a old sandrail frame and got my hands on a ford 3.8L supercharged engine that I'm going to strip down and build Up. But I don know much about the V6's I want to get as much power out of it so that I can bet my boss' sand rail wich has a wicked 4.3L chevy.
I just cant find the proformance parts I want any one out there that can help me.

·
MOPAR Guy
186 Posts
re: Ford V6 vs Chevy V6

I would say if you really want a killer sand rail (maybe that's the wrong word...), you should go small block V8. :mwink: Supercharge one of those and you could end up with 600-700 hp. :evil: A lot more power than any V6. As for places to find Ford V6 parts... There arn't very many places that carry them. PAW (Performance Automotive Warehouse, http://www.pawinc.com/ ) might have some. You have to buy a catalog, but they have a very good selection.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sir Joab said:
Supercharge one of those and you could end up with 600-700 hp. :evil: A lot more power than any V6.
really ? there are 1200hp TT 4.3's. and then the GN's. i am going for, and am close to, 500hp. and i'm not even serious.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
well a 3.8 S/C engine, is boosted with a Eaton M90. could always lower comp a little, and change the blower pully's and build more boost.

·
MOPAR Guy
186 Posts
re: Ford V6 vs Chevy V6

Vortech 4.3 said:
really ? there are 1200hp TT 4.3's. and then the GN's. i am going for, and am close to, 500hp. and i'm not even serious.
Sorry, I was talking about hp for the dollar... I should have been clearer on that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts