Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you ever run into people or are surrounded by people that full of *******?

i talk to this girl on AIM. shes 17 or 18 years old, not even sure how i met her, and she is constantly talking about cars, but making up BS stories that just drive me freaking insane.
one of the stories was that her transmission went out in her 1998 Taurus, then the engine when out in it while it was at the shop and that it cost $12,000 to get it fixed.
NOW she is telling me (just a few minutes ago) after she has been driving it for a month, that the shop forgot to put on the waterpump!?!?!?!?!
another story that she told me was that "she" just put a hemi in her dad's F-250 and that it hauls arse. i then replied "is it a "diesel hemi", lol, and she said "hell yeah". :rolleyes:

what do you say to that, lol? do you call them out on it or just let it slide?

i also have a friend that just moved down from Indiana that drives a 1992 eclipse.
he started rambling on about building the header himself, doing all of this crap to the motor, putting "posi" on it,....... just mindless BS that he's bound to know that i know is BS.
THEN a couple of days later, he brings his POS car over (un-invited of course) and says that its making a strange noise. so i pop the hood and clear as freaking day his power steering belt is starting to come apart and slapping something each freaking time it turns. so i drove him up to O'Rileys, and as i'm brousing, i over hear him talking to the parts guy. the parts guy asking him which belt it was that he needed, the waterpump to POWERSTEERING belt or the waterpump to crank to alt belt. he argued with the guy for a while, while i laughed, then of course i hear "Aaron, which belt is it?" to which i said "the waterpump to the P/S".
so we get back and hes talking about having to pull off the valve cover and all kinds of stupid crap......... so i say look, drive it up in the drive way and i'll take care of it.
so i pulled off the front motor mount, jacked up the engine, pulled the alt belt, pulled the P/S belt then put it all back together while this freaking liar stood there and watched.

i just don't understand these people.
i'm not a freaking mechanic, i don't know the difference in cams, heads, carbs or just about any of that stuff. i can take them apart and rebuild them/install them but thats about it. thats why you won't ever see me giving any information in the engine section, unless its how to remove something, or what the best tool would be for the job.

what is it with these people? is it a need to fit in or what?

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's funny,a diesel hemi!!!!!! people like this i seem to always challenge, I love it for sake of a good debate or argument. I just can't handle someone talking smack like that especially repetitiously.. Challenge them, it's amazing the rise they get and how furious the are at the discussion.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Quote...."i talk to this girl on AIM. shes 17 or 18 years old, not even sure how i met her, and she is constantly talking about cars, but making up BS stories that just drive me freaking insane.
"

Are you sure that "she" isn't a 45 year old "He" pretending to be a "she"..........................?

In other words, why not try and meet a girl in the "real" world?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yuh mean muh Diesel ain't a Hemi?????? Heck, it pulls muh race car trailer real good................figgered it just HAD ta be a Hemi.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poncho62 said:

Are you sure that "she" isn't a 45 year old "He" pretending to be a "she"..........................?

In other words, why not try and meet a girl in the "real" world?
if she is a he, he sure has a girly voice. she has called a few times, so i'm pretty sure its a girl, lol.

i'm not trying to pick up girls on the e-net, they just seem to find me (because i'm a stud) :D <<< just kidding

i don't understand the question. i talk to girls and guys both on the e-net. are you saying that i shouldn't make friends on the internet? if not then what the hell are you saying? :confused:

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Just making a joke......................you know what they say about internet romance.

Actually, my daughter met her husband on a BB (bulletin board) back in the early 90s. That what the had before these boards.

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ghetto Jet said:
wait you're 23 and she is 17.
trust me, once you start getting a little older, you'll start liking the younger chicks also.
thats why you see all of these old rich men with 20 year olds.... who wants an old bag? :D

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
akm said:
trust me, once you start getting a little older, you'll start liking the younger chicks also.
thats why you see all of these old rich men with 20 year olds.... who wants an old bag? :D
AKM is right....mine is in her 50s.......think I will trade her in for 2 25s....................................

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
poncho62 said:
AKM is right....mine is in her 50s.......think I will trade her in for 2 25s....................................
its like what an old man told me once, "the younger they are, the younger they will stay" :thumbup:

·
It just takes time and money
225 Posts
I'll keep my 45 year old. Wouldn't even think of having to deal with a 20-25 year old now....way too much maintenance..
IMHO
AngliaBob

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just agree, tune her out and let that be that.

yup...uh huh....wow that sure is cool....right on....you dont say?....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
AngliaBob said:
I'll keep my 45 year old. Wouldn't even think of having to deal with a 20-25 year old now....way too much maintenance..
IMHO
AngliaBob
Me? 51 and back on the look. Women under 25 are window dressing, still playing games and very likely to fall victim to gravity in the nest ten years. It does scare me to look at the ones my age tho. Ideally a well preserved 35-40 year old with no kids at home and finacially independant.

Now I have a couple friends that are horrible liars that way, and so is my brother, of course they are older and much better at it. Most stuff is believable except they forget I was there and their outrageous embellishments aren't anywhere close to the truth.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
i talk to this girl on AIM. shes 17 or 18 years old, not even sure how i met her,

You may have asked her if she wanted to come over for ice cream sandwiches and to play Pokemon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts