Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Lior, I'm new on this website and in the hotrodding world...

I own a '79 Chevy Nova Rally V8 and few other classic cars but that's not what I'm here to talk about... :D

Recently I bought a Ford pickup from a person that kept this car hidden for years. The engine (V8 flat) was there as well, with the manual transmission.

My plan for this one is of course, to make a Hot Rod out of it, though it is the only one of it's kind in Israel :mwink:

I'm all chevy guy so I guess the engine will be a Chavy, but I'm not sure yet, time will tell I guess. I'm planning on buying a new rear axle and new front, as I keep seeing on Hot Rods magazines, lowering it of course, chop the roof and basicly customizing everything, to be a real Hor Rod :)

I'm not sure if it's a 1936 or a 1937... how can I tell?

I know that I got a lot of work ahead, actually that's what makes me happy :D

I'm happy to be here, I'll keep you guys updated with the progress.

Lior, Israel.

Some pics:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
That is a 37 Ford pickup. The open centre (thats the way Ford spelled them) eliminates it as a 35 and puts in the 36-37 years. The 37 had a two piece windshield and looking carefully, there appears to be the very slight "peak" at the top of the opening where two pieces come together. The most defining though is the two large openings for the guages in the dash. The speedo was in one hole and the other guages were in a cluster that fit in the other hole. The bed sides are not original nor is the one rear fender. As a start on a great pickup, you have found it!!! You can buy (from the states) all the bed components individually or as a kit and you can get the fenders in fiberglass. Good luck on your project.

Trees

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
trees said:
That is a 37 Ford pickup. The open centre (thats the way Ford spelled them) eliminates it as a 35 and puts in the 36-37 years. The 37 had a two piece windshield and looking carefully, there appears to be the very slight "peak" at the top of the opening where two pieces come together. The most defining though is the two large openings for the guages in the dash. The speedo was in one hole and the other guages were in a cluster that fit in the other hole. The bed sides are not original nor is the one rear fender. As a start on a great pickup, you have found it!!! You can buy (from the states) all the bed components individually or as a kit and you can get the fenders in fiberglass. Good luck on your project.

Trees
I'll be more then happy if you will be able to provide some links to body parts suppliers of any kind...

This weekend I'm about to take the fenders off, so I'll get an idea of how it looks like without them... with the help of photoshop I'll lower it :D

For me, it's making a dream come true... it's almost impossible to find such car in Israel.

Thanks!

Lior.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The 37 Pickup grille is the hardest Ford grille to find even here in the USA and has been for years.
It is sure a lucky thing for you to find such a truck in your country or anywhere in the MIddle East for that matter. I'm glad to hear that streetrodding is alive even in Isreal!
Bets of luck with your new project.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.