Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had this page bookmarked quite awhile ago, but couldn't find it when someone in the lounge section mentioned they were looking for go kart bodys. Finally located it again in a search today. Just thought maybe some of the body guys (since he built the body from scratch)in here would be interested in the link. I think its pretty neat what this guy built for his son. Now I'll try to find the old post in the lounge and revive the dead by posting the link. LOL Hmm maybe my nephew could use something cool like it. Christmas is only a month away, but birthday would give till feb. LOL.
http://www.televante.com/project/other/ernestocobra.asp

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
kenseth17 said:
Any sort of progress on the malc cartoon car?
I'm fairly well on schedule. I got the donor all stripped down to the essentials last week - as shown in the photo - and just finished power washing everything to get it cleaned up a bit. Chassis build should start next week.

The BIG progress, however, is that I've had to change the plan fairly substantially. The donor has a 3 speed, and I really like the idea of keeping it, but I just couldn't engineer a good plan for getting the clutch into the 33 cartoon body and still have adequate leg room to shift the thing comfortably.

The net result is that I've substituted a cartoon sedan/delivery body style for the cartoon coupe style and moving ahead full speed. The sedan delivery will allow me a lot more flexibility in placing the seats so that I can create good leg room to run the pedals.

So anyhow, the Malc car is being postponed until I can find a donor with automatic. I'm hoping to post a short thread on the progress (along with some rough drawings of the new body) once I get things a little further along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.