Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start this off by saying I don't have, nor have I ever had a problem with Poncho. I don't have a problem with the "no swearing rule" either (as per my posts in the other thread by NAIRB about swearing entitled "Read This").

First, to bring you all up to speed, read this

Then read This

Even though there is an argument going on, its pretty much business as usual. I'm not one to rabble-rouse, but I just got done talking to cruiseomatic and he told me that he started a couple of threads about poncho and that poncho, as a mod, deleted both of them. Thats NOT cool. You can't do that just because you're a mod.

I've had at least two griping about me

BBB has had several that she didn't even delete when she was called big block (place cuss word here).

Lluciano had one about him last week that got almost 50 replies before it was trashcanned.

I realize the thread(s) would have started some static, but that's just the name of the game around here. You can't just delete everything bad somebody says about you just because you're a mod.

I think poncho is a good guy, and I definitely would have stood behind him in the threads that got deleted, but this is honestly not cool. We all have to take the mud sometimes man.

That's all I got-

K

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Thats a good point, someone even made one about how centerline talked to that kid, but it stayed up till about 70posts, then was dumped. Doesn't seem right to immediately delete something negative about a moderator, maybe move it to the dump, but to make it disappear, yea kind of shady. I like poncho too, and who knows, maybe he wasn't even the one who took it down.

·
Administrator
18,436 Posts
Just so you know, the only place that I have authority to delete any posts or threads are in the "Electrical" or "Introduce Yourself" forums................

I think you are being hoodwinked, my man.

I deleted nothing.............end of story

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
killerformula said:
I'm going to start this off by saying I don't have, nor have I ever had a problem with Poncho. I don't have a problem with the "no swearing rule" either (as per my posts in the other thread by NAIRB about swearing entitled "Read This").

First, to bring you all up to speed, read this

Then read This

Even though there is an argument going on, its pretty much business as usual. I'm not one to rabble-rouse, but I just got done talking to cruiseomatic and he told me that he started a couple of threads about poncho and that poncho, as a mod, deleted both of them. Thats NOT cool. You can't do that just because you're a mod.

I've had at least two griping about me

BBB has had several that she didn't even delete when she was called big block (place cuss word here).

Lluciano had one about him last week that got almost 50 replies before it was trashcanned.

I realize the thread(s) would have started some static, but that's just the name of the game around here. You can't just delete everything bad somebody says about you just because you're a mod.

I think poncho is a good guy, and I definitely would have stood behind him in the threads that got deleted, but this is honestly not cool. We all have to take the mud sometimes man.

That's all I got-

K
I deleted the threads. Not Poncho. I deleted it because it was just inflammatory and had no place on the board. There is no point trying to argue the point any further. I read the stuff, and he used harsh language, and flaming is not allowed either.

Merely trying to start a thread just to attack someone isn't really right.

Llucianno has nothing to do with this particular situation.

I read the thread, and it was improper, so I deleted it. That's all. I was impartial in my judgement.

I'll take the heat for it.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lluciano for sure has something to do with this, we had a situation with two members going at it, and MI2600 started a thread entitled "Is Lluciano a troll?"

If that's not inflamitory than I don't know what is. THe Angel of the road situation was way out of hand and BBB held her ground. WE all know the site will cool down, but people should be able to express their beliefs about what they feel. IF the language needed editing, whatever, but to delete the guy's whole thoughts because we don't want to argue about a mod, thats kind-of over-stepping IMO.

K

·
1,821 Posts
I'm taking killers side on this one, you can't give out preferential treatment.

Also the thread was made about poncho and he wasn't asked what his feelings were on the matter before it was removed?

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Im taking a 3 week vacation from here. So if you guys want me,get on aim,or hollar at killer,or ghetto. They have my aim name. See yall laidher. lol.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
1,642 Posts
Two wrongs don't make a right. Cruisomatics thread was deleted for improper content. That's all.

There is no double standard. I did not over step my boundaries. It took me a nanosecond to pick up on the tone of Cruisomatic's posts.

I did the right thing.

Brian

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Narib has a One-track mind. He thinks he's done the right thing when he doesnt stop to think about how other people feel first. And sound to me like he's one of the "goody" people who want to seem perfect. Which is total BS.

·
Missing You
300 Posts
killerformula said:
Don't forget BigBlockDyke and the nice drawing Angel did on my pic. :thumbup:

killerformula said:
THe Angel of the road situation was way out of hand and BBB held her ground.
Never deleted or edited any of Angel or Sway's replies either and they got personal. I guess its easier to just delete something than to stand your ground on your decision.

·
1,821 Posts
Re: Re: Found out some shady news tonight on HR.com

BigBlockBabe said:
Don't forget BigBlockDyke and the nice drawing Angel did on my pic. :thumbup:
I remember those BBB, I tried to find them, I guess they eventually went to the dump.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
why you little pot stirrer you.:p

man there sure is a bunch a whining going on around here today.
sounds like some peeps need a project to work on.
do something, just get off your arse and DO SOMETHING.:spank:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts