Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
My dad has had a 34 5 window for about 35 years and never has had time or money to restore it. He would like to get a newer frame with better suspension, braking, steering, etc but doesn't have $10,000 for a TCI complete frame. Are there any frames from other cars that people use for this kind of thing?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
No....absolutely not, now that being said you can probably find some kind of chassis that you could HEAVILY modify to MAYBE come close to working....but it would look like chit. The older Fords, Chevys, Mopars etc. had very distinctive chassis that were made to fit the body contours. I like a lot of guys on this forum have all seen the abortions of trying to mate an older body to a different chassis.....yuk!!!

Kudo's to you though for trying to help your Dad out, I'm sure you can find an aftermarket chassis below 10k. It won't have all the polished stainless and chrome but thats what paint and powder coat is for. I have a very good friend that is a TCI dealer....get my stuff from him. If you're interested send me a pm and I shoot you his info. Just remember, hot rods cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Also if the money just isn't there for the aftermarket chassis then look into boxing the old frame (if it's salvagable) and adding more modern runningear, would be a great father/son project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.