Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a good truck frame to fit a 53 merc body on its a one tonne now but id like to stuff it on a nice half tonne frame 2wd s/b or l/b something that can handle a 460/518 4 speed and 9" or 3.3o 8.8 i belive

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
First of all its T-O-N.....
And please use beginings and endings to your sentences, it makes them a LOT easier to understand what you are asking. (. , ?)
Now for you question. A 53 Mercury what? 2 door? 4 door? Merc Truck?
Are you actually going to build it or are you just asking questions again to waste everyone's time? If you are serious about this,then people will be more than willing to help you out. I am still waiting on the pics of your RWD converted Caddy that you promised us.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry

I never promised a rwd caddy. Its a mercury truck a m350 heres a picture of it , jeez i am serious about what i do and i love doing it. i work on many different vehicals and i have questions all the time. people dont take me seriosly because im some puck kid, man we all have to start somewhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Re: sorry

53fordguy said:
people dont take me seriosly because im some puck kid, man we all have to start somewhere!

We all have to start somewhere :drunk:
We (this Forum) have spell check too.

Your questions do appear a " LITTLE " vague and your sentence structure makes things a bit difficult to read. Why not try to compose your questions a little better and then use spell check. Then preview your post and read it a few times.....trying to make it better understood. Then edit it so it is understood better.

Just a suggestion.........

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
My truck is similar to yours...51 Ford. I used the stock frame and welded a Nova front clip to it. Chevy 350, turbo 350 trans. Nice and simple.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see

But the thing is mine is a one ton, I dont need a one ton when im out cruzin. Thats too much money on gas and i just need something light and easy to work on, instead of the huge one ton frame and springs etc

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
Doesn't look that heavy in the picture. Have you considered a later model 1/2 ton frame? Maybe with a later model stepside short box.

Even making it into a 4X4 would be cool.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah ive thought about it

I had a 78 ford ext cab long box i cut three feet out of and made a dune buggyout of, but the frame wont pass since its un even. i have been looking around for one, but so far i only have a s10 but i dont think that all my ford stuff will sit well on that. i really would like a 2wd instead of a 4x4 for this i have wanted a certian look for my truck ever since i seen it when i was like 2 years old. here is maybe a better picture for you. Its currently on 17x7 bias ply tires on a huge 6 bolt axle

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
Yeah...she's a "Biggun".........a later model Ford 1/2 ton would be the way to go, since you are partial to the Ford stuff. I am a Chevy guy at heart, so I didn't mind putting Chevy gear under it. If it would have came with the original flathead, I would have gone with taht, but it had no motor when I got it.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah

yeah mine unfortunatly has no hood:( merc hoods are hard to find and it also has no tail gate but other than the rear lights and the hood and gate shes complete. i been looking for a hood i had found one at a swap meet but a friend of mine wouldnt lend me 20$ out of the 50 to buy it. i was very upset lets say. so im allways on the look out for it, i find tons of 48's 50's and 60's but no 53's. so i might have to find a company that makes them since i havent found one yet. ive tried dennis carpenter bop and lmc truck and none of them have hoods :(

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
A Ford hood should be the same. Your Mercury script is in your grill, so it won't have it on the hood.

Like I said, I would look for a later model, short stepside. Stepsides have been basiclly the same for many years.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Well how many rods are you actually building
GP
Caddy GP
Ford Powered Chevy
53 and 56 Ford
The CADDY thread Stroker
393 Stroker
53 Mercury ideas
600hp 318
1949 Fargo
ALL DRAG S10?
LIST of Cars
Attitude?

Ok now...do you still wonder why nobody takes you seriously? If you are deciding to be a contributing member and quit wasting everyones time with pointless questions....Good for you:thumbup:
You have a few potentially nice projects and some of us would like to have something like that of our own to work on. You need to pick one and try to concentrate on that....
Later,
WEIMER

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:spank:

It appears that Weimer has the goods on you.

No 18 year old has that much money and that little sense...:(

I suggest that you calm down and GET REAL........

If you want people to take you serious............you will have to be serious. All the stuff you have posted makes real rodders look at you like a JOKE :p

Everyone here was young at one time ( and many still are ). Youth means enthusiasm .........but get real.........

Just the Moderators 2 cents.........

:smash:

·
Administrator
18,429 Posts
Don't be so hard on him.................The way I see it, he lives on a farm in Alberta with all this old stuff that is laying around. What farmer throws anything out? He is just trying to figure out what is a good project for him to do with all this stuff. I wish I had all that stuff to work with when I was his age.

He just needs to pick one and go with it.

Personally, I like the 53 pickup.....................but, thats just me.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah

The 53's my baby and im doing that first , i go on and off projects and i have friends who i help , thats why i have so many projects and yes i did live on a farm but my age has come where ive had to move out .so basically i have my 53 and my caddy, the s10 was an idea but im just scrapping that ...my cadillac is all good now just needs some body work and the 53 will start as soon as i find a hood and frame

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
You need to use PROPER sentence structure. You make it VERY difficult to follow your line of thought. You show a single run-on-sentence that is hard to follow. Try using periods at the end and capitalize the beginning of your sentences and USE THE SPELL CHECKER too!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts