Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
A big adjustable wrench. Set very thin, then slide over and bend.

Sometimes the bottom of the rails are like that from the factory.
If that is a kink from a wreck, you will need to pull length, or get the sway out before those will be able to be fixed.

We kinda need more info on what's going on here.
I just took a wild guess. LOL!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These areas are on each side right behind where the frame was boxed in from the factory. I think my frame is pretty good and not warped. Im just working on stiffing it up and making repairs while I have it stripped down like I do.
Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Picture frame Bicycle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Building

·
Banned
5,557 Posts
Improvisation is fine on this but there is a tool for that: Frame wrench.

I am not suggesting a purchase, just showing how simple a pro tool is.

Just a slot in the end of some thick bar stock works. It will move easily with some leverage that way.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
So I’m guessing that I shouldn’t use a torch to heat it up and make it easier because that would probably warp the frame huh?
You can warm it up, just don't burn the shop down. A rosebud is the quickest way, on a Oxy Acetylene torch. But other ways can work too.
Frame rails are not like sheet metal. They have good structure so you don't have to worry about warpage.
Once it starts to turn orange, its easy to work. Just don't get it too, too hot, (white)thats not good for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.