Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 79 luv and a 80 luv the problem i have is the 80 frame is bent right behind the tire on driver side the body shope said it can be fixed of 500 but he wasnt guarinte the work so i have a 70 luv the cab is wrecked and the frame is bent befor the rear akel at the channel iron he said all i would have to do is heat it up and bent it out straight so i would like to know how hard is it to swap frames on a luv much help is needed

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
That is going to be a very big job. It will be amount to taking two cars apart and putting one back together.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Basically you have 2 trucks with bent frames, neither one of them worth much money but could be used with a little work. Here's what I would do: Pull the bed off the 80, find a few trees to tie the truck down, heat the frame where it is diamonded and pull it with a come-a-long. You'll need some reference points to measure from, but the frame is more of a frame horn in that area and should be fairly easy to pull. Some heat, a come-along and a big arse hammer may do the trick. Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts