Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Remember, for best effect, they should be mounted in the curve on a fender/quarter panel, etc. so a beautiful distinct oval is visible. Ideally, the antenna should be invisible in it's fully retracted position (to avoid vandals bending it) but for the "cruise" position 1 to 2 inches sticking out above the panel is most excellent. Always remember, if you have 2 antennae the should have separate controls so they can staggered in height for best visual effect. I've always used manual antennae because I'm a lo-bucker.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm sorry, one other thing. I believe the proper term is "Tunnelled" or "recessed" when referring to pieces that are pushed back into a made cavity so they either disappear or are only slightly visible.
The term "french" (after the number one definition of tongue kissing) means sinking and item, usually taillamps or headlamps, flush into the panel so that the trim ring is no longer there and all you see is the lens or bulb.
The younger generation of car people have embraced the "french" term to decribe darn near every modification except top chops.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts