Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been throwing around some ideas of what to do for my taillights and keeping with my motorcycles I thought it would be cool to match the taillights from that to the car. I saw another discussion on the topic and read it, but I am missing the point I guess. So I have the assembly, I do not want to start a political thread here it is an iron cross taillight and I just like it not for any specific reason, now what do I need to do in order to a) french such a shape b) make it waterproof?

I was even thinking that flush mounting would be possible, but there is a curve on the rear of the body and I would have to heat the lenses to make the curve, which can be done quite easily.

Any help would be appreciated, I do not want the standard run of the mill shapes and lenses and the buick ones are unsightly in my eyes.

How would I go about making the shape? Use a wood pattern and form the metal around it?

Thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
in the Jan.2004 issue of Street Rodder they have an article on how to install a flush taillight from Hagan. the kit is available in various shapes and comes with a red block lense that you fit to the bodywork and then sand down to the correct contour that you want. that might be the way to go for what you want to do.

later,

JB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts