Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
By "front end" do you mean "front clip" (both fenders, hood, front fascia) or just the front fascia?

In either case, I would try to find a source of body panels and see if the fenders/hoods/doors are the same for both years in question. Its likely they are, but worth double checking.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
speede5 said:
Yes.

You just can't go from camaro to firebird as the profile on the side of the vehicle is different
I haven't worked on one of those in a loooooong time, but I believe the doors are EXACTLY the same from Camaro to Firebird. The quarters are the same right back to the tail light area, unlike the 67-69 that had the little fake vent on the side, the 70 1/2 up don't.

But, who mentioned Camaro?

Brian

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The only exterior sheetmetal shared between second generation firebirds and camaros is the roof and decklid and decklid filler panel. All side sheetmetal and hood and tailpanels are different. At first glance you'd think the doors would interchange but they don't. The contour, and bodylines are a different shape and location.

The 71-73 and 74-77 front sheetmetal will fit a 78-81 design, and is much lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts