Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

as some of you may know i wrecked my 66 el camino (pics in gallary). I found a 68 el camino at school with no engine, tranny or front brakes. He is willing to sell for 600. It looks like it is in pretty decent shape.

Will the brakes on my 66 elky work on the 68? if not, would I have to get brakes off of 68-72 car? which cars should i look for? Or should i just order a new brake set? Anyone know of a good brake parts place online?

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
What do you mean by.."no brakes"?

Do you mean, backing plartes, wheel cylinders, the whole bit, or just shoes, drums etc?

Front ends are all the same on 68-72 Chevelles, Lemans, Skylarks, Cutlass etc

Also....disk or drum brakes?

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Sux bout your 66 man DOH.......

Ummm I think the monte carlo's?, chevelles and elcamino's of course, of the year. Im not too sure i was told once almost a year ago what interchanges, www.elcaminocentral.com , they know the interchanges thats where i was told then.

Got a couple of parts catalogs infront of me that have kits for them but they are new.. 500, 600 bux for front kit. www.classicperform.com

national parts depot www.npdlink.net i think

Ausley's chevrolet dunno the link off hand.

www.hotchkis.net prolly has them also.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's a bolt on as long as they are both drum, or both disc. If you have drum brakes, and the 68 is disc, you can change the whole spindle assembly, and use a 68 drum brake master cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts