Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for information on selecting a front clip for my 1950 ford. I'd like to keep it simple but can't afford too much new stuff. Thanks.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Its generaly cheaper and better to just get a M-ll kit from Fatman than it is to re-build all the front end and put new brake parts etc. on a old clip and then go through the trouble to graft the clip on etc. I have only seen a few clips that really look good. And also then your radiator support has to be re-built and fender mounts etc. etc. Just a lot of trouble......take my advice and get a kit from Fatman.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
car or truck................I used a Nova clip on my 51 Ford pickup........worked quite well. You will get much debate on this subject from various people, as to what is the most economical way to go.....but, this was the cheapest for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply

Henry Highrise said:
Its generaly cheaper and better to just get a M-ll kit from Fatman than it is to re-build all the front end and put new brake parts etc. on a old clip and then go through the trouble to graft the clip on etc. I have only seen a few clips that really look good. And also then your radiator support has to be re-built and fender mounts etc. etc. Just a lot of trouble......take my advice and get a kit from Fatman.
I have considered this option and will check into fatman's method. I live in Canada and everything is so much more expensive here. What ever method I go with, I will post details to the site. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your ideas

poncho62 said:
car or truck................I used a Nova clip on my 51 Ford pickup........worked quite well. You will get much debate on this subject from various people, as to what is the most economical way to go.....but, this was the cheapest for me.
Mine is a two door sedan. I have read that a 78 monte carlo will work so I am reasonably sure a nova clip would work too. Thanks for replying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts