Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pimp: This is my first time using the Bulliten Board.
I have a 53 chevy 210 i want to know if I can use a 1975 nova front clip. I have seen people using 70-72 nova clip on the web but i really want the disc brakes from the 75. Can anybody help me out.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I'm not that much of a Chevy guy but the Nova series was pretty much the same throughout those years so I suspect there would be very little difference in the front clips between the '75 and the earlier models. Someone here should know for sure.

I'm moving this post to the suspension forum where that expertise resides.

Centerline

·
Administrator
18,440 Posts
I used a 76 Nova clip on my 51 Ford pickup. I understand that the width of the frame is the same as the earlier Novas, but the wheel width is a touch wider.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Clips

One needs to measure the hub to hub of the existing car and compare to the hub to hub of the clip that is proposed to be used..A small difference in width can sometimes be made up with backset in the wheels..

I prefer to do the install frame off as this allows the frame to be turned to make the final welds underneath..At least it is easier to do this way..:D

Strike a centerline on the garage floor and then strike lines exactly at the centerline of the axles for reference points..

This is one of those measure 3-4 times..make sure everything is in alignment and then tack deal..When you are satisfied all is well then weld it up..

There are 100's of possiblities of different frame and clip combinations so I do not even pretend to try and keep track of them all..just measure the one we are working on to see that all fits and lines up right..

there ya go..about all I know about doing these..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts