Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had trouble with 2 sets of Mickey Thompson sportsman 8ply tires. I've contacted them several times and they have been no help. The tires in question are 26x7.5x15lt, they are getting bubbles in them again. I'm looking for another tire I can mount on my existing rims, maybe a regular street tire. I have not had much luck finding them. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Are you talking bubble or broken cords showing? What are these tires on? Is this the second set you have run with the same problem? I'm wondering if your running race only tires on the street and messing them up? Are you saying Micky Thompson arn't standing behind their products?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I am saying that mickey thompson is not standing by their product. These are bubbles in the tire no cord showing. I have not hit anything, I keep a good eye on my pressure. These are for the street or strip. I will never buy these tires again after the way I was treated.

Tires are on a 1972 chevelle, blown small block, glass hood, Weld wheels

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey 72- those are what I run on the 'J- --I had one tire two summers ago that did the same thing- got to a show and a guy points and says "Look at your tire"... there were two bubbles, one egg sized the other baseball sized. Needless to say I was careful driving home... Called, wrote and begged- all I could get was that there was a batch sent out that were prone to sidewall separation that did this- no answer as to me getting my $$ back, but.... I have had good luck with Mickey's since the 'old days' and my trust remains in them- I ordered another and it has been fine since. Sure I am peeved that I didn't get the money out of it but I had already installed it and since they are street/strip they cannot tell if you have 'abused' it... seems like they could have 'adjusted' for our loss, but this is America and Mickey no longer runs the company- bet if he was still alive we'd have a refund!! Call Summit and see what they recommend- they told me of a similar tire once but I have forgotten- sorry! Good luck to you- I can understand!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts