Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I did a little googling for you, If you go to www.kipsamericangraffiti.blogspot.com/2011/cars-32coupe-fastest-thing-in-valley, you can find pics of the coupe. If you scroll down about 5 pics you'll see a pretty decent layout of the engine with the fuel log sitting on the alum. firewall just above the engine. It has 4 clear plastic fuel ines coming down to the 4 - 97's. Might take you a little huntin' but it there.

edit....for some reason it won't print the entire website address ??? anywho after to continue it.....blogspot.com/2011/cars-32coupe-fastest-thing

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
my experience

the old clear or red tinted fuel lines soften with heat, and old 97;'s were known for leaking fuel...and the plastic melts very easy in an engine fire. I KNOW> But they looked neat and the clear-red tint spark plug wires to match would also melt when too close the the exhaust.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
1937MoPar said:
One line per carb? Or two? (2 Four barrels)
I'm a little confused. If you want to duplicate the '32 from that movie, it had 4 Rochester 2G carbs, one line per carb. Two fours would ordinarily use one line per carb, although some can be set up to have two individual lines to each carb, one on the primary side, one more for the secondary side.

But Holley "dual feed" carbs (center hung "cathedral" or "Dominator" style fuel bowls) usually use a two into one fuel line attached to the carb, like shown below:

Dual feed carb line, these come in all kinds of versions; braided lines, AN lines, lines w/fuel pressure gauges attached, center inlet, rear inlet, you name it. But they are almost always some type of 2 into 1 design, as seen below:

Holley w/side hung floats and single fuel inlet

Some Edelbrock carbs like their AVS series can be plumbed for dual lines as well, but they usually just have a single inlet. Obviously four 2-barrels like the movie car had originally are going to have one inlet each, four lines total.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Ive actually got one of those Mr Gasket chromed fuel logs for 3 carbs..dunno why.

Ive never liked Milners coupe...the grill shell is to short, and the fuel block thing always bugged me as well.

Where did you find the Man-A-Fre intake manifold?

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
AutoGear said:
Ive actually got one of those Mr Gasket chromed fuel logs for 3 carbs..dunno why.

Ive never liked Milners coupe...the grill shell is to short, and the fuel block thing always bugged me as well.

Where did you find the Man-A-Fre intake manifold?
The firewall is only half done, too. Somewhere I read they valued it at some ridiculously low price like $2-3K. And it didn't seem that long ago when that 'appraisal' was made.

BTW, if dual fours are going to be used, I'd just forget about originality and run a dual outlet fuel block. They have them in the same style as the 4-holer above.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Falfa's car was the one used in 2 Lane BT; and with that 454 in there, it woulda laid waste to that 5 window. Of course without James Taylor there to 'tune the holleys'; Milner may have had a chance. The Milner Coupe sat around the movie lot for a long long time, and people used to take souvenirs from it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.