Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently purchased a 1972 Chevrolet C10 pickup and the previous owner installed a fuel cell in/under the bed (with a square hole cut in the bed so you can reach the filler and sender unit). He told me it is a Summit fuel cell and it looks just like this:

Right now it has that wedge that you have to yank out every time you need to fill up (which is often in this truck). Does anyone know of anything I can replace that with to make it easy to fill up? Like something with a cap that I just have to screw off instead of this wedge? I found this but in 6-bolt form:

But the problem is that I have no idea how to install it since the wedge deal in the fuel cell now has a split ring that bolts from inside the tank and I can't see a way to bolt the above in as I can't get inside the tank once I have it in place (I can stick my hand in the tank with the wedge out).

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:D

The photo of the tank shows 6 bolts.
The filler in the photo shows 6 bolts.

Even if the pattern is different..............you could most likely drill it to match.

Might even want to consider putting a stock tank back in it..............to get a original fuel sender and more gallons.....

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.