Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have an 8 gallon fuel cell that i am going to put in my 87 camaro in the hatch area. does anybody have any pics on how they installed theres since there needs to be sealed from the passenger compartment or would anybody have any ideas on how to do this thanks.

·
Buick Hybrid Guy.
255 Posts
I have a 86 Camaro with a Turbo Buick engine in it. I put a 15gal cell in the back hatch area. I had to box the front of the tub down there a little to make it fit in right but it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, to seperate it from the pass. area you can build a plate out of allum. or steel that go's from the flat ledge there in back of the rear seat just before it dips down to the tub area where your cell is. I normaly put two hinges there and bolt that to the panel I make that rests on that 1/4 ledge on the plastic at the very back of the car.

I can make mine this week and show you what I mean. It's on my list of to-do's since my battery cut off switch and battery are all mounted up back there and it's ready for that panel to be made.

You can send me a e-mail anytime.
[email protected]
Hope that helps... I'll get pic's soon. :thumbup:
Scott~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.