Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my project on and off for three years now and i hope to get the body ready to paint this winter , i have also been working on a big block Chevy for my 33 Chevy it is a 402 bored .30 over with 9.5 to one compression pistons and oval port cast iron heads , what are my best options for fuel injection and who can give the cam info. also i am running a five speed with a 307 gear in the rear.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders. This forum is for introductions only.....best to ask your questions in the Engine forum. :welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
dcg1933cpe said:
I have been working on my project on and off for three years now and i hope to get the body ready to paint this winter , i have also been working on a big block Chevy for my 33 Chevy it is a 402 bored .30 over with 9.5 to one compression pistons and oval port cast iron heads , what are my best options for fuel injection and who can give the cam info. also i am running a five speed with a 307 gear in the rear.

I just finished installing an Accel Gen VI DFI with a TPIS manifold on a 383 SBC and I can share info about setting up a chevy with fuel injection if you think it will help you. If you want to contact me by email you can contact me via [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for a tbi unit or a system that has the hillborn look , my car has no hood or side pannels so it will have to look cool, ?what cam did you use and what was your source

·
Glad the Jeep is on the road
809 Posts
dcg1933cpe said:
I am looking for a tbi unit or a system that has the hillborn look , my car has no hood or side pannels so it will have to look cool, ?what cam did you use and what was your source
I like the looks of the Holley Stealth Ram system, Summit sells it among others, you could check out either Summit's or Holley's website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I used a TPIS setup with an Accel Gen VI computer. The cam is a street / strip cam. It is a Comp cam - part number 12-433-8. This is a hydraulic roller whose lift is .520”, intake duration 283 degrees, exhaust duration 294 degrees; operating range 2500 to 6000 RPM. The recommended compression ratio 9:1 or greater.
The Accel VI DFI setup is not the easier setup to do but I already had this unit so the price was right.

·
Registered
948 Posts
pmeisel said:
I like the looks of the Holley Stealth Ram system, Summit sells it among others, you could check out either Summit's or Holley's website.
superstreet said:
I used a TPIS setup with an Accel Gen VI computer. The cam is a street / strip cam. It is a Comp cam - part number 12-433-8. This is a hydraulic roller whose lift is .520”, intake duration 283 degrees, exhaust duration 294 degrees; operating range 2500 to 6000 RPM. The recommended compression ratio 9:1 or greater.
The Accel VI DFI setup is not the easier setup to do but I already had this unit so the price was right.
I believe he is running a big block. It would be a good idea to select a cam with a wide lobe separation angle, at least 112 degrees. Heres a link to one which would be a pretty mild cam with lots of vacuum. Hilborn makes a EFI system here but its quite pricey. You may be better off with something like this. You wont have quite the look your after but you can use any old carbed intake. Or if your really on a budget use a TBI system from a big block pickup as long as you keep your engine mild.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts