Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Summit 0-15psi fuel pressure gauge and was going to install it this next weekend, where is the optimal place to mount the gauge? Right at the carb or??? Also what are the fittings sizes I need for the Carb and the fuel pump? I guess I'll go with braided lines and install a new style fuel filter as well? Anything else I sould look for? Oh is there any tread sealant tape I can use on the connections?

Regards
Mark:thumbup:

·
1969 Mustang Coupe Project Car
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I have a soild line from the pump to the carb, can I cut that line and re flair it? I priced out some braided fuel line to buy the AN connectors etc was going to run well over 120.00! So I was wondering if I could simply cut down the exsisting solid line and use my flairing tool to re do the end connection?

Any other info would be great, thanks

Regards
Mark:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
JD, you will need to get a T fitting with the top of the T for the in line flare fittings to affix your hard line and the base of the T will need to be 1/8 pipe (male or female to mate with your guage). By definition, the pipe fitting should not need a sealant, but if you want to use one, I have had very good luck with a Teflon paste from Permatex (white). Remove your hard line from the pump to the carb and take it and your guage to a parts store and they will help you get the right sizes if you can not determine the sizes you need.

Trees

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.