Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is if i have a stock (brand new) fuel pump , will i need to have a pressure gauge or not. I don't know what psi i will have nor do i know what psi i would need to have for it to read on a gauge. My motor is 351 Cleavland with 400 horse and 417torque , H.O. heads larger then stock valves and a mild to lumpy cam , will a stock fuel pump be enough even?

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
Personally, if you have 400 hp, I would go to a regulated electric. If you should run lean at high rpm's, your engine is toast.

Please give a bit more detail on your setup.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well umm the carb- 670cfm double pumper 4barrel electric choke vacuum secondaries. Compression is 10:1(KB pistons) And i have an Acell distributer (? the best electric one they have) also the hookers running to dumps with flowmasters(3inch system front to back) and a stock manifold(ya i know i know one day ill change it) i had the motor built at a machine shop and he didn't write down what size the valves are but he showed me them and they were quite a bit larger then the stock. Ive heard that the Cleavland's have large valves from stock (that they breath extremely well out of the box) Hopefully this helps a bit with the fuel pump question.

thanks bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts