Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think my fuel pump is going out but wanted to ask someones opinion frist. I bought a 69 Chevelle prostreet w/454 that had been sitting in a shed for years so I've been hashing out issues trying to gfet it running right. The fuel system is a Prostreet fuel cell to a red Holley Electric pump. It has 1/2 line to a Holley electric red pump then 3/8 line to a summit in-line filter then to a Jegs regualtor---then to the carb. Problem is I never had a regulator on the fuel system until today. I hook up all the new lines only to find out I have about 3psi pressure to the regualtor. Car is running ok but I don't think its running as good as it should. I have a 750 Demon vac sec waiting to go on tomorrow but I'm stumped on the pressure. So with 3/8 lines shouldn't I have more pressure than 3psi? I looked at my in-line to see if it was directional and there were no indications of that so I just hooked it up. Maybe a bad or weak fuel pump?

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Once you get the pump straightened out the fuel pressure will need to be closer to 7 psi . Our recommendation is 7 - 7.5 psi. As mentioned check the voltage and for obstructions. Also since it has been sitting make sure the foam is not coming apart in the cell. If you don't find anything obvious you can flow the fuel system into a metal one gallon can and time it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.